Hobbyists and Researchers
Troubleshooting and FAQs
Creating multiple azimuth for rooftop solar site
Learn how to work with split arrays and multiple azimuth angles in your solar setup, and access valuable tips for optimizing your system's performance.
If you have recently created your own rooftop solar site or tested out our PV performance estimation tool, you might have questions like these:
- How do I add multiple strings?
- I have a split array, how can I add this information?
- I have more than one direction for my solar panels.
- How do I add a Rooftop solar site that has more than one azimuth angle?
However, this is not a dead end. If you have a multiple array PV system, you can do the following:
- Use the average direction (azimuth) of the array (simple approach).
- For the free PV performance estimation tool, model each array separately and add up the resulting energy values.
- Hobbyist create a 2nd PV site for free following the instructions in this article.